I can't believe I haven't posted since last August. That's ridiculous! There's so much to talk about!
We have been stuck in Arizona for almost a year now, which kind of sucks when you take into account that it's March, meaning that we didn't get to see anyone for the holidays. The Christmas season was pretty uneventful. We put up the tree and bought each other a few gifts. Dave's ma came down in December too, and that was fun! Speaking of, her and her hubby are coming to visit next week, and man are we excited for visitors! We're going to show them around the Valley, and take them to a bunch of bookstores, they'll lounge by the pool while we study, etc. It'll be good times!
In case you didn't know, I applied to and was accepted to the online MS LIS program at Drexel University. This is now my second week of classes, and they're going surprisingly well. I've never taken online classes before, so I'm still getting used to it. They are set up really well, actually, so I think I'll be ok with them. What happened to Ohio, you say? Well, it turned out that it was only a one year move, and it's nigh impossible that I could have finished a Master's program in anything in only one year. So we scratched that plan and I applied to the online program instead.
Dave is doing well with classes and is busy studying for his board exams, which he gets to take in June, right after we move! That's right, we're moving! To beautiful Prescott, Arizona! Seriously, it looks like the town was taken straight out of the Midwest, and transplanted in an area that is at an elevation of about a mile. So, if you don't look too hard at the mountains, you could pretend you were in Iowa or South Dakota or Nebraska...if you wanted to. I'm pretty excited to move, although I will miss all the awesome people I work with at the library here. But I'm hoping to find a job/volunteering opportunity at one of the three museums in Prescott, and at the public library if nothing else. Because if there's one important thing when getting a Library Science degree, it's experience.
Hmmm, let's see...what else. I've been baking a lot, much to the delight of my library coworkers. I've also been knitting a lot. In addition to finishing that scarf I was on about last year, I've made two hats for Anna's youngest, Andrew, a pair of (large) socks for Dave, and a few other gifts that I can't talk about right now.
Some pictures!

No comments:
Post a Comment