It's been a really boring summer, for the most part. But I guess a few good things have happened. And a few bad.
We went to California in June, to visit Dave's cousin whose son was turning one. It was nice to see some of the family...and the ocean!
I managed to sunburn my feet, which was lovely, but we had a really good time overall. We went to the beach, he showed me some of his old haunts from when he lived in southern California, and we went to a mission. Mission San Juan Capistrano is actually quite lovely, and you know how I am with history...
Anywho, after we got back from that, not a lot has been happening. I go to work at the library, he sleeps and plays video games.
I did, somehow, miraculously, surprisingly, finish my French Revolution paper. I'm waiting to hear back from el professor dude and tweak it a bit, but I'm calling it done. Now that it's out of the way, I'm moving on to all the application materials I have to gather for graduate school. I'm so glad I don't have to take the GRE! Hurrah! I do have to write up a statement of career goals thingy, but that should really be easy peasy.
The bad news, you say? Well, we are super incredibly poor, so we won't be able to come back and visit people this summer. We were hoping to be able to make a roadtrip in August here, but that is not possible anymore. Thanks to everyone who helped us out and kept us from being homeless though!
I'm about 3/4 of the way done with my knitting project. I know a scarf shouldn't take this long to make, but I took a couple months off. Plus I don't really have any reason to be knitting a scarf anyway, it's not like I need it!
I really excited that the high is only 101 today, so I think it's starting to cool off! Monsoon season should start sometime soon, which is always fun, but seeing as how I haven't seen rain here since...January? it'll be a bit weird.
1 comment:
101??? Cooling off???? I'd have a heart attack. We, in SD, however, are having one of the coolest summers on record. I love it! Miss you, hope you're doing alright, glad you got to go somewhere this summer!
Post a Comment