I've definitely been bitten by the knitting bug. I decided (hopefully early enough) that I'm going to knit Christmas presents this year, so I've made up a pretty big list of projects. I'm really hoping that I get at least most of them done before Christmas. Fingers crossed! I've gotten a pretty good start, I think -- considering that it is only July. So, if you're reading this, guess what you're getting for Christmas! Odds are good that it'll be something hand-knit...so I hope you like that kind of thing.
Speaking of Christmas, in case you hadn't heard, Dave and I are going to be in South Dakota for the holidays this year. Yay! Dave is doing a rotation with a doctor in the Sioux Falls area, so we'll be there from November 22 to about December 31. Thanksgiving and Christmas! We're not sure where we're going to live yet, but I'm hoping to get that figured out before we get there. If you have a couch or two, or a spare bedroom, we may be taking advantage of that. My friend Amy in Sioux Falls might have a spare bedroom for us, which would be super fun!
School is going well for both of us. Dave just started his second rotation yesterday, which will absolutely be better than the last. He had his most difficult one first, so I'm trying to get him to see it as a positive that it's over with and not dwell on how horrible it was. I'm in my second quarter of library school, and just registered for the fall quarter today. My classes are going well. I've definitely adapted better to the online format than I thought I would. I'm actually getting pretty good at getting myself motivated to do things, which I think is a plus overall.
I'm also super excited to see my BFF in a couple weeks! Anna is (finally) coming to visit! I'm only kidding about the finally, of course. I know her two boys (one of them smack dab in the middle of the terrible twos) keep her busy! I'm not sure exactly what we're going to do, but sitting around, talking, and being crafty are high on the list. We just may go see some touristy things and enjoy the out of doors too!
And that's what's happening in our neck of the woods.
3 comments:
I CANNOT WAIT to come see you! And of course knitted gifts are the best!!! :D
You can live in my very creepy, musty, spidery basement if you really want to! Tho the shed in the yard might be a better option. Can't wait till you're back in SD!!!!
Hmm...the shed sounds nice :)
Post a Comment