A few things have happened since I last posted on here, but I think most of you know what's going on anyway. For those of you who don't, lots of exciting news!
I (finally) got a job that I enjoy. I'm working at the Peoria Public Library as a library page. Not very glamorous, but it pays better than minimum wage and it's somewhere I want to work. I put books back on the shelves, check them in, etc. All the menial labor. But it's books. You can't go wrong with books! Well, I can't anyway. I'm working at the new branch building, Sunrise Mountain Library, which is awesome. It just opened last weekend, so we've been really busy. But it rocks!
I'm still sure that a master's in library science is what I want to pursue, but I'm not as sure that the program at the University of Arizona is necessarily the one for me. There are lots of online MLS (that's Master's in Library Science to you) programs, so I've been researching them. And I'll tell you why.
Dave has a chance to do his rotations in Ohio. I know, Ohio, woo. The thing is, his class is the first at his school to have 250 students in it instead of 150, so they don't know if they'll have enough rotation spots in their system when the time comes. So they are encouraging people to volunteer to do them in the Ohio system, so we've been discussing it. If I'm going to do my MLS online, we might as well move to Ohio, and I might as well pick the best program out there. In the meantime, here's some pros and cons about Ohio!
Pros:
- cheaper cost of living. It is so damn expensive to live down here. I seriously had no idea.
- there is no 120 degree average temperature in the summer there.
- I miss green things, like grass. (Grass that occurs naturally, of course.)
- I like moving.
- neither of us has lived east of the Mississippi.
- the rotations would most likely be better there. (more hospital based instead of private practice based, which I understand is better?)
- we'd have to move all of our crap again.
- changing addresses is a pain in the ass.
- it's Ohio.
- we'd still have to come back for his commencement.
- it's Ohio.
Also, I've decided to learn how to knit. I really just wanted to be able to make my own socks. Fancy socks are so dang expensive! But other things would be awesome as well. So far I'm liking it very much. It was frustrating at first, because nothing made sense in my head. But I think I've got it now, except I keep adding stitches somewhere in the row, and I need to figure that out so I can not do that. And because Anna is expecting another little one in August/September, (yay!), maybe a baby blanket would be a good starter project? I'm still thinking about it and trying to decided if I can really stitch a pretty one by then. I'll probably pick up crocheting again too. I learned once in fourth grade, then I didn't really do it anymore. I still don't know why. But I decided that I needed a hobby, and I like to feel crafty. Wink. I only wish I was still around the people that could help me learn!
There, that's one big stinkin' update. I'm going to go try and knit now. Ta!
1 comment:
Oh hey, and Ohio is closer to SD too! :) I'm so happy you are on ravelry now!
Post a Comment