17 March 2009

Ohio? Why not?

I've decided to everyone's advice and not do an online MLIS (apparently it's Master's of Library and Information Science). The reason being that I would most likely get more out of my education by doing an on-campus program somewhere. And I'm really the type of person that learns best my listening and being in a classroom.

Dave is hoping to talk to someone today about the Ohio rotation opportunity, and perhaps get put on the list. If so, I would apply to the Kent State University MLIS program. I was looking at their graduate level course catalog last night and was really excited reading the course descriptions. I'm a nerd, I know. But seriously, "The History of the Book in the Western World" sounds like a fantastic class. I'm still leaning toward working in archives, but I'm also being pulled into the digital stuff. I think they really go hand in hand. Digital preservation. Maybe I should combine the two...

1 comment:

Aethelflaed said...

Ooh...if you take that class, you should send me the reading list!! Lol, evidently we're both 2 nerds in a pod...I want to read the books and I don't even plan on taking the class. :P