07 November 2008

I have a job!

It's true! I got hired as seasonal help at Bath & Body Works. And it's also true that I never would have thought that I'd work there after graduation, but it's a job. There is a chance that I could remain there after the holiday season, so I had better make a good impression!

I'm actually pretty excited to work there. I miss having people to interact with (because let's face it, Dave doesn't count) and I especially miss having an income. Any income is better than none! No benefits (obviously, as it's seasonal) but a 30% discount there and a 20% discount at Victoria's Secret is nothing to sneeze at. But it is potentially dangerous...

On a slightly related note, guess what everyone is getting for Christmas! Haha, just kidding. Unless you actually want Bath & Body Works stuff for Christmas, in which case you should tell me!

Anyway, I go in for orientation today from 2-6, and I know that videos are involved but I'm not sure to what extent. That should be...fun? I think that's the word I wanted. There were 10 of us at the open interview yesterday, so I'm curious to find out how many of us got hired.

I think I'm out of exciting things to say now. Dave is one week away from being done with his first quarter of medical school, so he's definitely excited for his two week (much deserved) break. It's kind of ridiculous that they didn't even have so much as a three day weekend all quarter, so I imagine he'll sleep most of the two weeks away!

I'm also incredibly excited for Amy to come visit next week! Holy crap, next week! I better get cleaning!

No comments: