31 August 2008

Update + funny story

So, I had a look and realized that is has been quite a while since I last updated. However, not much is happening around here. Dave went through orientation last week and starts classes on Tuesday. He's pretty jazzed about that. I'm just waiting to hear from about 3 employers about jobs. Supposedly, I'll be getting some calls this week, so we'll see what happens. It is very important that I get a job, though, so I'm hoping for the best.

It was good to see people when we were back, even though it had only been a few months. I guess it was nice to see someone besides ourselves! Thank you to everyone who put us up *couCherylgh* and treated us to fine meals. We really do appreciate it, seeing as how we're super poor.

I do have a funny story. Last week we were coming home and were stopped at the light just south of our apartment complex. Now, this intersection has 3 lanes of traffic and a left turn lane at each light. We were in the left turn lane behind two other cars. When the arrow turned green, instead of going around the median to the correct lane, the first car drove into oncoming traffic. Granted it was dark, but it was also hilarious. The funniest thing is that there were people in the left turn lane, no one in the next lane, and someone in the lane next to that, so they drove between them! They drove between the headlights and apparently didn't think it was odd! And then there were all kinds of headlights and honking horns. It was pretty funny, mostly because it wasn't us, I think. No one got hurt, but we thought maybe they were trying to get the booze store in a hurry.

Anywho, not much else to say, so I'll keep it short. Ta!

No comments: