10 July 2008

It's raining?!

So, it's raining pretty hard outside right now. In Arizona. That's pretty weird to me now, seeing as how it hasn't rained since we've been here. I kind of forgot what precipitation was like... This is apparently the "monsoon season" here in the desert, although that doesn't mean too much. But there is rain. And it's been relatively humid this last week, but the temperatures are lower (as in, below 100). It looks like hell out there!



I'm still unemployed, which still sucks. I was expecting a call from Kohl's this week, but they told me to call back if I hadn't heard from them. So I have to call them tomorrow and beg them for a job. Dave and I were talking yesterday about how it would have been a good idea to stay in South Dakota for the summer. We could have lived in Sioux Falls, where I could have gotten a job with the Augustana Archaeology Lab. But here we are. Without a job. I think it's about time for me to fill out another round of applications. And give Barnes & Noble another call.

1 comment:

Aethelflaed said...

That would have been way fun to work with you over the summer! I've been bored out of my mind a lot in the evenings when we're in hotels and have nada to do!