So, last night I got to thinking. And you know that when I've been thinking we're getting into dangerous territory. What exactly am I going to do with my life?
Yes, yes, I know. I'm too young to be having a mid-life crisis. But can't I just have a life crisis? I've graduated, moved halfway across the country, and now...I just don't know! I've always known what I wanted to do. And I think that hasn't really changed. I'm just not sure how to go about it.
I apparently missed the memo that said, "By the way, time to decide exactly what career path you're going to take and this is how you go about doing it." I'm still interested in way too many things to narrow myself down. Or am I? I want to do historical archaeology. Great! How? Do I go into academic archaeology? CRM? How do I actually get to do what I want to do with my life? I'd like to teach at some point. (I know, weird, me teaching!) But I really think that is something that I'd like to do. But I somehow need a foot in the door somewhere. I feel so unprepared, and I blame USD. And myself, but mostly USD.
In the meantime, I've applied to many places for regular retail jobs, which would be fun and a way to reincorporate me into the human world. I've spent a lot of the last couple years sitting in a basement lab. I have less tolerance for people. Which makes me sad. I actually really like interacting with people.
Ah, well, now that I've got this depressing topic out in the open, on to the good news. I seem to be developing a tolerance to the sun, also known as a tan, I suppose. Not that I don't use sunscreen, that would just be foolish. That would be like asking for skin cancer. I'll just have to live with the t-shirt tan line.
P.S. New haircut! I'll post a few pictures on the photobucket!
P.S.S. I miss all the people I left behind!
P.S.S.S. I think I miss Vermillion. I never thought I'd say that, but it's true.
P.S.S.S.S. I held a Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy yesterday at the puppy store in the mall, and it's made me realize two things: I don't really like the puppy store in the mall and I really freakin' want a puppy!
2 comments:
Yeah, no worries...me, who has always wanted nothing more than to do medieval archaeology and marry and Englishman, still don't know what I want out of my life. And that was not grammatically correct, but it's 11pm. Good luck in the job search, and the Grand Quest for a Purpose in Life.
you sound a bit depressed. dont worry. I am abit older then you and still do not know what I want to do when I grow up. I know that thing will be better for you and David once you get a job and am able to live in Glendale and not just have an apartment there. I miss the both of you also.
Post a Comment