18 September 2010

Back to School

So, my three week break is over. Time to go back to school for the new school year. Makes me feel like I'm in first grade or something. I'm really excited for exactly 50% of my fall classes. I actually get to start taking my archives classes (yay!) and I am ridiculously excited for that. "Foundations of Information Systems," however, does not sound like a fun class, and the books look both boring and insulting. Required classes and all that. But it's the second to last core class that I have left to take, so I'll be glad when I'm done with it. (As an aside, I got and A in my stats class last quarter. The first and only stats class I will ever have to take in my life!) But I sure did get a lot done during my break. I read a couple books and finished I think three Christmas presents for people, so all in all a productive three weeks. It kind of sucks that I start classes next week, but Dave has the week off. But Pete is coming to visit! A week of board games and trying to get some studying done. It'll be fun!

Speaking of visitors, I got to see a lot of people recently and have neglected to blog about it. Too busy knitting, I guess. BUT, my bestest friend in the whole wide world came to visit last month! It's true! Anna came down and we got to spend some quality time together, which we don't get to do nearly enough these days. We took her to the Grand Canyon, which was a fun day. We went yarn shopping one day, which was awesome. Dave tends to hover and be really uncomfortable in yarn shops. I don't know why . . . I also took her to IKEA for the first time ever, and now she is as in love with it as I am. Maybe. I like IKEA an awful lot. And Carla, a girl I worked with at the library in Peoria, came to visit over Labor Day weekend to escape the heat. That was also super nice, and we watched movies and baked cookies and generally had a good time. I'm hoping she'll bring her puppies up for Dogtoberfest. This is not a joke. Prescott is so cool because they have all sorts of things happening at the square every weekend. But Dogtoberfest is a day where people bring their dogs down for contests, races, training sessions, and such, and is also a big adopt-a-pet day. I think it'll be a blast. I fully plan on attending, even though I have no puppy of my own. I plan to ogle all the adorable puppies.

1 comment:

Our Crazy Filled Life said...

I just gave you an awesome blog award! Go to my blog to check it out and see how you can pass it on! <3
Anna